Sunday, May 3, 2009

Basking in the sun


Today was a wonderful day to be out in the yard - sunny and warm, but not too hot. I finally turned off the lights and moved all of the plants outside and to the back porch. There's no guarantee, but it is unlikely that it will freeze again this spring. For the next week or so, I haven't seen any forecasts lower than the forties.

The annuals are looking great, so if they make it through the hardening off process, there will be a ton of plants to share with family and friends. I'm starting to think about what goes into the containers this year, but I don't have any great combinations in mind for sure yet.

The daffodils and tulips are starting to bloom, so things are looking good. It won't be long before I need to get the mower out! The rain barrel that filled up last week seems to be working great so far.

No comments: